Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And We're Off!

I hate beginnings. I always stress over them, mostly because I feel like they're the most important part of any good story. It may be the only thing a person reads of your book, and it would be a shame if it was bogged down with too much backstory, or dove into the action but left the reader confused. I agonize over beginnings, which is the main reason I only got two paragraphs down today. I think I rewrote those two paragraphs six times, but I got them down, and I have the story molded the way I want it. I like the direction it's going right now, too. :)

I'm hoping to be far more productive tomorrow (I ran into some issues with the internet tonight, and then found I needed a basic outline of where I wanted my first chapter to go before I could begin, but we're on our way!). I'm not making any guarantees though, since I have a job interview tomorrow night and I have no idea how long it'll take. I may just take my laptop to work with me and try getting something accomplished during the day...

We'll see! I'm definitely looking forward to getting this ball rolling though. :D

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you took the time to read my message, let's see what you have to say! Unless it's mean...then you can just keep it to yourself. :)