Sunday, April 17, 2011

Procrastination Station

I think it goes without saying that this hasn't been the most productive week for me. I really need to get back in the habit of carving out time each day for writing. Otherwise, it ends up getting shoved to the bottom of my list of priorities and it just doesn't happen.

The good news is that I did make a little bit of progress today. The problem I'm having is that I haven't really let the story take over. I'm still too hung up on making it sound perfect on the first draft, and that just isn't going to happen. Ever. So, my new task is to let go of this idea of perfection and just let my characters be in charge. I've got a whole page now instead of just two paragraphs, which is something I suppose, but I'm going to make sure that I'm far more productive this week.

Keep moving forward!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you took the time to read my message, let's see what you have to say! Unless it's mean...then you can just keep it to yourself. :)