Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yay for Contests!

I'll post a more detailed update a little later today, but I wanted to take this time to tell you about a little contest that's running this week. A friend of mine directed me to the Alliterati Archives, which is a blog run by three writers. They discuss everything from writing tips to blogging tips to awesome YA literature, and I'm loving what I've read so far.

They're running a giveaway at the moment, and the prize is one (or more) ARC of new dystopian fiction. I'm super excited for it, since I rarely win contests (the only thing I've ever won was a baseball jersey when I was 9, and I don't even like baseball), and am helping spread the word by giving them a blog mention.

Part of my entry was to stand on a street corner with a sign that says "Read alliteratiarchives.blogspot.com" and take photos for proof. Here are my photos:



We only stood outside for a little while, since we're in Arizona and it's sweltering, but I did it! :) Good luck to any of you who choose to enter! Even if you don't enter, you should still check them out at alliteratiarchives.blogspot.com. You may find something to your liking. :)

J

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually do the sandwich board thing. Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I just got back from vacation and saw this! You freaking rock! Doing the drawing now so I'll let you know if it paid off. :D
    And yay for Arizona! Mesa's my hometown, so I understand the need to stay out of the heat. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Now that you took the time to read my message, let's see what you have to say! Unless it's mean...then you can just keep it to yourself. :)