Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthday Art

So for any of you who don't know, my fiance is an illustrator. And I mean that in a stating-a-fact way, not a rubbing-it-in-your-face way. My birthday was last week, and when asked what I wanted, I said, "A painting!" My birthday was kind of awful this year though, and we were so busy doing damage control that he didn't really get time to work on anything. But...it's finally done! The birthday painting we've all I've been waiting for!

Here it is:


Aren't they beautiful?! I've been a HUGE fan of Peter Pan my whole entire life. We're talking that's one of 10 books that made it into my suitcase when I studied in London for five months. I LOVE it. The faeries in the 2003 movie adaptation have always been my favorites. They have lots of glow and sparkle, and they're absolutely gorgeous. These ones, drawn for me for my birthday, are even better imho. They're clad in natural elements, as I think all faeries should be, and they have so much dust! I love dust...of the faerie variety, of course.

Anyway, if you get really excited about this picture and want to see more artwork by my talented counterpart, head on over to his blog, or check him out on DeviantArt. :)

J

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome picture J, Seriously. Oh and have I told you that I love peter pan too??? I seriously do, oh and I love faeries to, I always have, and I have even drawn some. Of course they are not good because I am not an artist!

    ReplyDelete

Now that you took the time to read my message, let's see what you have to say! Unless it's mean...then you can just keep it to yourself. :)