Friday, December 30, 2011

See You Next Year!

The year is winding down...only today and tomorrow left, and 2011 will be making way for 2012. This is also my 100th post, which is crazy and awesome all at once. I'll be putting together a contest and/or blogfest, to launch Monday. I feel like it's a nice way to kick off the new year, don't you? :D

Rather than do a "best of" post, which, let's face it, is overdone already, I've decided to just do a quick post on how 2011 has changed me. I did a lot of growing this year. I grew creatively, both in writing and in other creative pursuits. I learned I can make a lot of different things, and make them well, if I set my mind to it. See my wedding photos for examples. :P I got back into writing again after a two-year hiatus, thanks to my ever-encouraging husband, and learned that I'm better at it than I thought.

Speaking of my husband, I grew in my relationship. I became a wife, which is a huge blessing but also a huge responsibility. I'm loving every moment of it (except for those ones, you know the ones, where we argue over pointless things and then realize how stupid we were being), and I look forward to growing even more in my marriage.

I grew as a reader. I learned what elements work in books, and what elements flop, and I learned not to waste my time with books that don't make me happy. I learned how to manage my time, so that I could fit reading and writing and being a wife and nanny all into one day. I learned how to fail, and how to file that failure away as a lesson rather than let it hold me back. I learned what it means to be a good blogger, thanks to Rachael Harrie's Platform-Building Campaign, and I've gained a lot of new friends as a result.

2011 has been full of big changes and lots of growth. 2012 will probably have just as much, if not more. Thank you so much to all of you who have read my words, supported me, and encouraged me this year. I look forward to spending 2012 with you! Happy New Year! :D

J