My teaser comes from:
"Over the years she'd found that was all it took, that lazy smile, and she could tell the truth without risk of being believed. It was easier than keeping track of lies, and so it became part of who she was: Karou with her wry smile and crazy imagination."
Seriously, if you guys haven't heard of this book, you need to add it to your TBR pile. Laini Taylor is a wonderful storyteller, and the book is amazing so far! :)
In other news, I won another award. No big deal. (Totally just kidding about that...I'M SO EXCITED!) Tara from Tara Tyler Talks gave me this little beauty:
And now you're all going to be subjected to EVEN MORE random facts about me. Oh Lord...
1. I loathe broccoli. It made me throw up once when I was seven, and I've hated it ever since. I did eat a piece recently to see if my tastes had changed. The answer was a resounding no.
2. I've lost approximately 70 pounds since high school. Clothes shopping is infinitely more fun now than it ever was then.
3. I think I might be one of the few people keeping Raisin Bran in business.
4. I prefer to sleep on my stomach. My fiance spends the entire night tucking my elbows into my sides.
5. I want short hair so so bad, but I know I look way better with long. So...I got bangs this weekend instead. :P
6. I honestly enjoy watching Deadliest Warrior. Not only do you learn things, but there's something satisfying about watching people beat the tar out of jelly-mold-torsos and pig carcasses.
7. I have a small herd of stuffed hippos gathering in my bedroom.
I also get to pass this award on, and I think it's supposed to be to 15 bloggers. I don't even know if I have 15 blogging friends who haven't gotten this award yet, but I'll give you 5. Fair? I think so. The winners are:
Yay winners, and thanks again to Tara for passing the award to me! I feel so loved... *wipes away a tear* Happy Tuesday!