Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Beatles Edition (No, Wait...That Isn't Right...)

*Please don't forget! If you liked my second Campaign piece, I need your votes. Head on over and "Like" my entry (#51 on the list)!*

Anyway, today is Tuesday, which means another teaser. This meme is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. You can participate too, if you want. Just grab the book you're currently reading and open to a random page. Share a two-sentence excerpt, but don't include any spoilers. We want to tease people into reading, not ruin their appetite for the book. :) Be sure to include the book's title and author so that other people can add it to their TBR pile if they want to.

I finished Wither last night, and I'm still not really sure what to make of it. I'll have to get back to you with my thoughts on that one. In other news, I started Across the Universe by Beth Revis (on a friend's recommendation...that seems to be the only way I can decide on books these days). I can't help it...every time I see this book, I hear the Beatles song in my head. ;) So far so good, but I'm not very far in yet. I suppose we'll have to wait and see with this one too. :P

Here's the cover and the teaser:
 

"Mom wanted me to go first. I think it was because she was afraid that after they were contained and frozen, I'd walk away, return to life rather than consign myself to that cold, clear box."

I'm slightly obsessed with opening lines these days, so that's what these are. I feel like they deliver a lot of punch without giving a lot away. :) What are you reading?

J