Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Wither Edition

*Please don't forget! If you liked my second Campaign piece, I need your votes. Head on over and "Like" my entry (#51 on the list)!*

Anyway, today is Tuesday, which means another teaser. This meme is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. You can participate too, if you want. Just grab the book you're currently reading and open to a random page. Share a two-sentence excerpt, but don't include any spoilers. We want to tease people into reading, not ruin their appetite for the book. :) Be sure to include the book's title and author so that other people can add it to their TBR pile if they want to.

I finally finished Daughter! It was beautiful, and made me feel inferior as a writer, but I highly suggest you all go out and buy it! And then read it, of course. Based on a recommendation from a writer friend, I started Wither (last night actually), so today's teaser comes from this beautiful thing:

 

I really like the opening lines, personally, so that's what I'm giving you. It's three sentences instead of two, but I don't think you'll mind. :) "I wait. They keep us in the dark for so long that we lose sense of our eyelids. We sleep huddled together like rats, staring out, and dream of our bodies swaying."

Totally brill, right? Go forth and read! :D

J